Chances are you’ve already backed up Google Authenticator but many don’t know what Google Authenticator is, so you need to know what Google is Authenticator, its functions and advantages here.
Moreover, all daily activities can not be separated from the cellphone. Like communicating, banking transactions, to work data, many also use cellphones.
The Google Authenticator app is the best choice for information security purposes.
Practical and compatible for all operating systems, this one application is able to protect personal data so that leakage does not occur. The security of personal data to prevent hacking, especially on mobile is very important.
What is Google Authenticator
Google Authenticator is one of the best and easiest two-factor authentication (2FA) applications to keep your online accounts secure, arguably a free security application that can protect your account from password theft.
The way the google authenticator application works is by issuing an authentication code to the user’s smartphone when someone tries to access his personal account.
If the person accessing the account does not have an authentication code, he or she cannot log in to the account.
By using a 2FA app like Google Authenticator, you can avoid attempts by strangers to access your data even if they have your account password.
Google Authenticator allows users to perform 2FA using their personal smartphone by scanning a QR code generated by the app on a separate device.
In addition, it can also be done by entering a simple lock code.
This process is actually relatively easy unless the user has to move the app to a new smartphone.
Prerequisites, How to Access and Use Google Authenticator
One of the reasons behind the popularity of the Google Authenticator app is how easy and hassle-free it is to use.
However, there are several things you need to do before you can use this one application. Here’s the explanation:
First of all, there are some prerequisites before you can start using the Google Authenticator app.
In fact, some of these things may seem unimportant, but if you don’t meet the prerequisites, you won’t be able to use Google Authenticator.
Well, the prerequisites that you must meet before using Google Authenticator are as follows:
You must set up 2-Step Verification (2-Step Verification) on your Google account. You have to install the Google Authenticator app on your personal phone. The installation is as easy as downloading the app from the Google Play Store. If your smartphone camera can’t scan barcodes, you’ll need to install a special barcode scanner app.
2. How to access Google Authenticator
- Download Google Authenticator from the Apple App Store or Android Google Play store. This app is free.
- Set up two-step verification on your Google account. Sign in to your Google account and select “Security and Sign In”. Select “Two-Step Verification”, then scroll down to select the “Authenticator App” option.
- Choose your phone type, Android or iPhone.
- Open the Google Authenticator app on your phone.
- At the bottom of the phone screen,
- 2 options appear, namely “Scan barcode” and “Manual Entry”. Choose one of the options given. For the “Scan barcode” option, it means that you have to download a QR code scanner from PlayStore/AppStore and point your phone at the QR code on your computer screen to verify Google Authenticator connection with your account. As for the “Manual Entry” option, it means that Google will send a 16-digit code to your email address. Enter the code to complete the verification process.
- Then switch it to “Time Based”, to make sure the code you enter is in sync with the Authenticator’s latest passcode generation.
- Security protection has also been completed. Now, whenever a user logs into an account that has been linked to Google Authenticator, the account will prompt the user to enter a 6-digit verification code.
3. How to use it?
After meeting all the prerequisites, all you have to do is set up the application on your smartphone.
According to Android Guys, how to use Google Authenticator is as follows:
Go to the Google account security page in your preferred browser app. Click ‘2-step verification’ (2-step verification). Under the Authenticator app section, click ‘Setup’. Select your device type (Android/iPhone) and Click “Next” to display the QR code. Open the Authenticator application on the smartphone. Tap on ‘Start Settings’. Tap ‘Scan Barcode’. Scan the QR code that appears in the browser. Click the ‘Next’ button. in the text box and click verify. Click the ‘Finish’ option to complete your Google Authenticator setup.
Advantages of Google Authenticator
Quoting from Dunia Teknologi explained, Google Authenticator is the choice of many people as a guardian of their personal data.
This is of course claimed by the various advantages possessed by the application. Well, here is an explanation of the advantages of Google Authenticator according to Trust Radius:
1. Easy to use
One of the most dominant advantages of Google Authenticator is that it is very easy to use.
The interface design is intuitive and the setup process is easy. Users simply open and add their account to use Google Authenticator.
2. Anti-Hassle Authentication
In addition, the authentication process in this application is also considered an advantage.
Yes, for data security, Google Authenticator successfully offers an uncomplicated process. just enter the password they have provided on their device.
Sometimes, ‘Yes’ and ‘No’ answers are enough for the verification process.
3. Instant and practical
The application itself is also fast. You won’t notice any delays between the setup process and the 2FA confirmation prompt.
One of the advantages of the Google Authenticator app is that users will get a notification when asked to authenticate their account.
That’s google authenticator, its functions and advantages that you need to know.
Where, if you are looking for options for personal data security, Google Authenticator is a good smart choice for you.
Practical, flexible, and hassle-free, this one application can keep all your data without the need for a complicated authentication process.
Well, if you’re still interested in information and other tips about data security, including cloud storage, it’s also here.
Sumber: Google authenticator