Idea Factory also shared the latest information about the game’s battle system and characters. Here are the details:
- Where Battles Take Place: Fights take place in a 3-tiered battlefield: Top, Middle, and Bottom Levels, where players can move freely between the tiers during battle.
- Physical Magical Skills: Active players can use 4 different physical attacks that can be performed against an enemy on the same tier: Slash, Hit, Pierce, and Shoot. Deny an enemy’s turn by attacking their weak point! There are 6 different Magical Skill attributes that players can utilize: Earth, Water, Fire, Wind, Light, and Dark. Physical attacks can only be performed on enemies on the same tier for the chance for critical attacks, but can leave you more vulnerable to damage. Magic attacks can hit enemies on any tier, but have no chance for critical damage. You’ll have to strategize positions to do the most damage!
- Devour Skill: Attack enemies to increase the enemy’s Fear Level. Speed the process by attacking their weak points and performing critical hits. The higher the Fear, the easier it will be to eat the dragons! Eat an enemy using your Devour skill to obtain the enemy’s skill tree. Additionally, when the enemy’s Fear Level is 100%, this will cause a weak point rush to occur! This trick will allow three allies to execute a consecutive rush attack with the last person performing the Devour skill. If the enemy’s HP drops to 0 during a rush, the Devour skill is guaranteed to be successful.
- Dragon Awakening: The Dragon Awakening system allows characters to transform into an unstoppable force with stronger armor and increased abilities. In this state, you can use special skills, including the Special Devour Skill. However, if you ignite it when your HP is extremely low, there are chances that your power may go berserk and you may incur a Rogue Dragon Awakening. During this state, your attack power and escape rate may increase, but your defense will greatly decrease – a huge gamble, so make sure you utilize the Rogue Dragon Awakening carefully!
- Giant Dragon Battles: Players will experience battles against Giant Dragons who takes up all three levels! By damaging each of its body parts until their HP reaches 0, that part of the body (and the associated attacks) will be sealed. Additionally, you can temporarily knock out the boss so be strategic on which body parts or main body you will attack!
- Zephy – A low-ranking member of the Knights of Requiem. Although a serious man, he is kind to his peers. He was attacked by a dragon, and was on the verge of death when he was saved by a band of witches who gave him dragon’s blood to survive.
- Minessa – A responsible witch on the search for a way to lift the dragon’s curse. As a survivor of the Carnival of Death, she is terrified of flames. She will never forget the face of the witch behind that terrible massacre.
And here is an overview of the game:
In a world where the bones of an ancient beast tower over the land…
The Knight Zephy is part of an order whose role is to hunt down witches—people seen as cursed beings for giving birth to dragons.
When he is almost killed on one of these missions, two mysterious witches save him from the brink of death by feeding him dragon blood.
Granted new magic abilities by their efforts, he soon finds his fate intertwined with the witches and reluctantly joins them to fight against an Empire out to destroy his kind, ruthless dragon hunters, and a witch more powerful than any in existence.
Can they fight all this and save themselves, or will his new allies succumb to the dragon’s curse…?
- Battles Take Flight – Fight enemies midair in a unique, vertically-oriented battle system. Strategically position your party at different tiers to attack and disable the enemy’s skills, one level at a time!
- Enter the Dragon – Perform enough attacks to unleash the dragon within, transforming each character to unlock devastating skills and newfound strength during battle!
- Become the Dragon – Weaken an enemy dragon to devour its element! When the element is pierced into a character, they can absorb that dragon’s skill tree. But at what cost…?
- Madness or Riches? – Three witches depend on you to bring them dragon’s blood as food. Starve them, and they go mad. Overfeed them, and they become a dragon! Will you keep them alive or sacrifice them to obtain ultra rare items and skills? Your choices will change the game’s endings!
Watch the opening movie below. View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.