Xiaomi has finally started teasing its sub-brand POCO in India ahead of the launch of POCOPHONE F1 in the country. Jai Mani, lead product manager, Xiaomi India tweeted that he has been working on the project. Even though the phone it teased as POCOPHONE by Xiaomi for global markets, it is teased as POCO by Xiaomi in India, which rhymes like OPPO who launched the Realme sub-brand recently to take on Xiaomi’s Redmi.
Today is a special day. I’m excited to start sharing more about the new project I’ve been working on. Wish me luck! @IndiaPOCO @GlobalPocophone pic.twitter.com/tZcAUjmgI5
— Jai Mani (@jaimani) August 9, 2018
Fasten your seatbelt @XiaomiIndia 🙂 It’s going to be a fast ride! @jaimani https://t.co/Pl6AeAwNLh
— POCO India (@IndiaPOCO) August 9, 2018
After specifications, unboxing of the POCOPHONE F1 confirmed the specifications of the smartphone that includes a 6-inch display with 19:9 aspect ratio and a notch, Snapdragon 845 SoC with support for liquid cooling ,6GB RAM, 64GB internal storage, dual rear cameras, 20MP front camera along with IR face unlock, fingerprint sensor on the back and a 4000mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 fast charging along with QC 3.0 charger in the box.
Xiaomi POCOPHONE F1 rumored specifications
- 5.99-inch (2246 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:9 2.5D curved glass display
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Mobile Platform with Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM, 64GB / 128GB storage, expandable memorywith microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with MIUI 9.0
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with dual LED Flash, 1.4μm pixel size, secondary 5MP camera
- 20MP front-facing camera with LED flash
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 fast charging
We should know the launch date of the smartphone in India soon.