Nintendo has released the version 1.5.2 update for Xenoblade Chronicles 2, which adds a new rare blade named Corvin, blade Elma from Xenoblade Chronicles X for Expansion Pass owners, and more.
Here are the details, via Nintendo:
Changes and New Features
- Added functionality to receive Corvin, the third and final round of rare blades from the Expansion Pass.
- A core crystal is available that will guarantee bonding with Corvin. Corvin possess the following characteristics:
- Weapon type: Uchigatana
- Element: Light
- Role: Defense
- Drivers bonded with Corvin become able to use an art with the reaction “Smash.”
- Added functionality to the Expansion Pass to receive new challenges for the “Challenge Battle: Nopondemonium” called “Otherworldly Fighter” and “Poisoned Paradise.”
- “Otherworldly Fighter” features a battle against Elma, from the game Xenoblade Chronicles X. Clearing this challenge will allow Elma to join your party as a blade.
- Pressing the R and Minus buttons at the same time when all three bars of Elma’s party gauge are full will consume all three bars and engage her Overdrive ability.
- While Overdrive is active, a counter is applied to all attack arts and specials that hit. As the counter goes up, the effect of the following three bonuses increases: damage boost, an Arts recharge boost from auto-attacks, and a decrease in enemy resistance to reactions and combos.
- Add this challenge by selecting the following options from the main menu: Expansion Pass, Gift from Zuo 3, Nopon Summons, Pt. 2. The challenge is available from Chapter 6 onward.
- “Flawless Noponstone” has been added as an item available from treasure chests in the “Challenge Battle: Nopondemonium” of the Expansion Pass.
- To make this item available, select the following options from the main menu: Expansion Pass, Gift from Zuo 3, Nopon Invitation, Pt. 2.
- Flawless Noponstones can be earned during any of the challenges.
- Added items that can be acquired in exchange for Flawless Noponstones to the “Challenge Battle: Nopondemonium” section of the Expansion Pass.
- Some of these items will slightly alter character outfits. Included in these items are “swimsuits” that will aid in completing the challenge “Poisoned Paradise.”
- Certain items for Nia and Zeke will become available from Chapter 8 onward. (These items will be available from the start when playing New Game Plus.)
- Mòrag’s swimsuit may cause her hairstyle to change in certain event scenes.
- A Pouch Item Emporium and Noponstone exchanger have also been added to the “Challenge Battle: Nopondemonium” section of the Expansion Pass.
- Noponstones can be exchanged for Flawless Noponstones using the Noponstone exchanger.
- The track “Uncontrollable” from Xenoblade Chronicles X has been added to the options available when choosing which music will play during battles with unique monsters via the “Special BGM” selection.
- To listen to the Special BGM tracks, the blade Elma, available via the Expansion Pass, must already be added to the party.
- When Elma and either Shulk or Fiora are in the party, the BGM for the blade engaged with the player character will be given priority.
- When Elma and Shulk or Fiora are of the same priority, the BGM that plays will be selected at random.
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is available now for Switch.
Watch the Elma trailer, and story trailer and Gamescom 2018 presentation for the upcoming expansion “Torna: The Golden Country” due out on September 14 below.