Microsoft has released a new Windows 10 Preview Build with
version 18214 from the 19H1 branch for Skip Ahead Insiders. The
latest build comes with one new feature “Your Phone App” apart
from the usual list of bug fixes and performance improvements.
Your Phone app is now available for Insiders who have opted for
the Skip Ahead Ring with 19H1 builds. The Your Phone app was
earlier available for testing for the Fast Rings Insiders and
with today’s build Microsoft has made the app available for
more Insiders to test.
With the Your Phone app users get access to their Android
phones recent photos which can be viewed on their PCs along
with the option to drag and drop the photo onto their PC.
iPhone users have also received some love from Microsoft with
the Your Phone app helping them to link the phone with their
PC. iPhone users surfing the web on the phone will be able to
send the webpage to their PC and continue surfing from where
they left off.
As is always expected with Insider build you also find lot of
fixes and improvements which are pushed out with new features.
Below is the full changelog of what’s fixed and broken in the
- Issues resulting in the Clock & Calendar flyout not
appearing until clicked on Start or Action Center has now been
- Issue with the unexpected sihost.exe error occurring when
in Safe Mode has also been fixed in the latest flight.
- Touch users reported that they were not able to use the
Timeline scrollbar from previous flights. This issue has also
been fixed in the latest build.
- Microsoft made improvements to the monitor DPI with the
apps resize now appearing better than earlier.
- Enabling or disabling Fast Startup reset to default after
upgrading to previous flights. This issue has been fixed with
the latest build.
- Issue where the Windows Security icon in the taskbar
systray would become a little bit blurrier every time there was
a resolution change has now been fixed.
- Microsoft fixed an issue where the USERNAME environment
variable was returning SYSTEM when queried from an un-elevated
Command Prompt in recent builds.
Along with the fixes, there are also some known issues in the
latest build for Skip Ahead Insiders.
- The taskbar flyouts will no longer have acrylic backgrounds
after upgrading to this build.
- Using the Ease of Access Make Text bigger setting users
will find issues with the text clipping. This will be fixed in
- Setting up Microsoft Edge as kiosk app and configure the
start/new tab page URL from assigned access Settings crashes
the Microsoft Edge. The fix for this issue will be made
- Launching Office in the Store fails on Windows 10 in S Mode
with an error about .dll not being designed to run on Windows.
As a temporary workaround try uninstalling and reinstalling the
- When using Narrator Scan mode you may experience multiple
stops for a single control.
- There is a known issue in Narrator’s automatic dialog
reading where the title of the dialog is being spoken more than
- There is also an increase in Start reliability and
performance issues in this build which should be fixed soon in
As is always recommended, please go through the list of known
issues before installing the latest build 18214 on your PC. You
can go to Settings>Update & Security>Windows
Update>Check for Update to download the latest build.