Microsoft today has released another new build this week for
Fast Ring Insiders. The latest build with version 17746 is now
available for download which comes from the Redstone 5 branch.
Microsoft is currently finalizing the development of Redstone 5
and is working on fixing bugs and improve the performance of
the operating system before the public release scheduled for
early October this year.
The latest insider build 17746 comes with many fixes for issues
reported by insiders from earlier flights. Below is the full
changelog of what’s fixed and broken.
- Issues where Narrator incorrectly reported standard combo
boxes as “editable combox box” instead of “combox box” has now
- Microsoft finally fixed the issue in Windows Mixed Reality
causing motion controllers to be re-paired after initial setup
before appearing in the headset.
- An issue was reported for the progress percent for Japanese
and German would be written in the middle of the string rather
than at the end has now been fixed in the latest flight.
- Issue when using Italian as your display language where the
Yes button to confirm file deletion would sometimes disappear
has now been fixed.
The latest build also comes with some known issues which needs
to be taken care before downloading the update.
- Users will experience bugcheck when logging out of the user
profile or shutting down the PC.
- The Ease of Access Make Text bigger setting might see text
clipping issues with users finding that text is not increasing
in size everywhere. This should be fixed in upcoming flights.
- Narrator sometimes does not read in the Settings app when
you navigate using Tab and arrow keys. For a temporary
workaround try switching to Narrator Scan mode.
- Turning Scan mode off, Narrator will now read when you
navigate using Tab and arrows key.
You will not be seeing any new features if you on Fast Ring
since Microsoft is fixing issues to make the company’s next big
Windows 10 Update to be called version 1809 according to
leaks found in previous flights, ready for public release.