Publisher Top Hat Studios and developer Hiromu656 have released the third trailer and updated the previously released PC demo for Thief’s Roulette, the upcoming choice-driven puzzle game inspired by the Danganronpa and Zero Escape series.
The demo update consists of updated puzzles in Challenge Room 1, and improved graphics and performance. It covers only a short tutorial. The elevator cutscene from the original demo has been removed. A separate demo featuring more about the story and characters will be released in the future. Download the updated demo here.
Here is an overview of the game, via Top Hat Productions:
Thief’s Roulette is a choice-driven puzzle game inspired by the Danganronpa and Zero Escape series. Thief’s Roulette takes the narrative heavy design of visual novels and combines it with immersive, first-person puzzle gameplay to create a unique gaming experience. Thief’s Roulette hopes to take the player on a journey through betrayal, deception, and trust. Player freedom through choices, building alliances, or creating rivals will be the driving force of the game.
Thief’s Roulette takes place in a far off future Earth, where people are no strangers to android life, body augmentation, or any of the other concepts of a high-tech society. Our characters live with it every day, to them it is the way things have always been. That is simply the world they inhabit, and it all takes a back seat to the terrible events that the characters must face.
- A gripping story of deception. Who you choose to align with may either lead to your death or your survival.
- Heavy player choices that can alter the path of the story.
- Multiple endings.
- Immersive and intricate puzzles to solve.
- A natural approach to difficulty. Any time during a puzzle, you may ask your teammates for help. Players who want to take on the challenge with no clues can simply not ask for assistance.
- Fully explorable 3D environments and visual novel-style artwork.
- A cast of unique characters with their own goals and personalities. Some are only out for themselves, others may have your back when the time comes.
Thief’s Roulette is in development for PlayStation 4, Switch, PS Vita, and PC.
Watch the trailer below.