The winter update for Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet will launch on February 3, and a demo for the Switch version of the game will follow on February 4, publisher Bandai Namco announced on the latest Dengeki PlayStation live stream.
The update will include a new scenario and dungeon. The main characters are trying to take on a new quest, but trouble occurs in that ArFA-sys is hardly able to speak. Apparently, it has something to do with this new quest.
The new dungeon, “Abyss Dungeon,” is a random dungeon where the your level starts from the beginning, allowing you to test your abilities. You will level up, acquire skills, collect items, and aim to clear the dungeon’s 50 floors.
Here are the key points:
- Your level, skills, and equipment will all start from their initial state.
- Every four floors you clear creates a checkpoint from which you can resume next time you play.
- Acquired items are stored in the item box.
- This is an offline, single-player mode.
- There are bosses to fight along the way.
- A scenario will also progress in the dungeon.
- Difficulty settings do not take effect.
A new character named Hydra will appear in the scenario.
As previously announced, the update will also add Alice and Eugeo Integrity Knight costumes, and Night Sky Sword and Blue Rose Sword-style Kouken (beam sabers), as well as Ronye Arabel and Tiese Shtolienen transformation costumes, a Chudelkin-style costume, and the Royal Guard Gold and GL6 Disaster Gold weapons.
Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet is available now for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC.
Thanks, Games Talk.