Romancing SaGa Re;univerSe will launch for iOS and Android this summer in the west, and pre-registration for an Android-only closed beta test is available now, Square Enix announced.
The smartphone game, which is set 300 years after Romancing SaGa 3 and features an original story with returning characters from the series, first launched in December 2018 in Japan, and has since been downloaded over 15 million times.
Here is an overview of the game, via Google Play:
Experience a classic Japanese RPG for a modern age! Romancing SaGa Re; univerSe will be available soon! Pre-register now!
Discover for yourself why the SaGa series is beloved by RPG fans across the world! Beautiful art, unforgettable songs, and a tactical battle system friendly to both casual and hardcore players await you!
- A Looming Apocalypse – The world is trapped in a cycle of destruction—the Rise of Morastrum every 300 years brings ruin and extinguishes life. The Sinistrals and their legions gather—will you stand against them? Experience an epic story with a cast of colorful and extraordinary characters as you assemble a party of heroes!
- Free-to-Play, NOT Pay-to-Win! – You’ll need to use strategy, wits, and planning to win—but, thanks to a deep character growth system and many ways to earn loot, you won’t be forced to pay to progress!
- Amazing Illustrations and Pixel Art – See story and combat come to life in stunning, meticulously crafted pixel art! Lay your eyes on lavish character art from series illustrator Tomomi Kobayashi and a bevy of guest artists!
- Strategic Gameplay and Casual Fun – Invest as much time and strategy as you want! The game’s combat system allows for auto-play when you want to casually play, and manual play when you want to go all in. The more you put in the game, the greater the rewards!
- Character Customization and Growth – Obtain multiple roles for your characters, customize their skills, and assemble your own unique team of heroes!
- An Epic Soundtrack – World-renowned composer Kenji Ito brings you a moving soundtrack filled with epic melodies and driving rhythms straight out of the golden age of classic RPGs!
Watch a new gameplay video below.