Update: OnePlus has confirmed that update for the OnePlus 6 has not been rolled out due to a fingerprint bug, and will resume once it’s fixed.
Earlier: After Oxygen OS Open Beta updates based Android 10 last month, OnePlus just announced that it has started rolling out OxygenOS 10.0 stable update for the OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T smartphones. This comes after the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro got the update recently. OnePlus already confirmed that OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T users will have to wait till Q2 2020 for the Android 10 update.
The update is around 1.8GB in size, As usual, OnePlus said that the OTA will have a staged roll out over the next few days, and using VPN to download the build might not work as the roll out is not based on regions and is randomly pushed out to a limited number of devices. However, you can download the OnePlus 6T update here, if you can’t wait.
- Upgraded to Android 10
- Brand new UI design
- Enhanced location permissions for privacy
- New customization feature in Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
- General bug fixes and improvements
- Full Screen Gestures
- Added inward swipes from the left or right edge of the screen to go back
- Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps
- Game Space
- New Game Space feature now joins all your favorite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience
- Contextual Display
- Intelligent info based on specific times, locations and events for Ambient Display (Settings – Display – Ambient Display – Contextual Display)
- Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages – Spam – Settings – Blocking settings)