It looks like the Razer Phone isn’t the only device starting the week with an update to Android 8.1 Oreo.
OnePlus has announed OxygenOS 5.1 updates for both the OnePlus 5T and OnePlus 5. The update to OxygenOS 5.1 brings with it a bump to Android 8.1 Oreo, the April 2018 Android security patches, and more.
Here’s OnePlus’s changelog for the OxygenOS 5.1 update:
- Updated system to Android™ 8.1 Oreo™
- Updated Android security patch to 2018-04
- Added full-screen gesture support (Only 5T)
- Added new optimizations in gaming mode including power saving and pausing adaptive brightness
- Added network boost – network priority for gaming App in the foreground
- Added category tags in the search section of the app drawer
- Auto name folders based on category
As with all other OnePlus updates, the upgrade to OxygenOS 5.1 is going out incrementally. That means that a small number of OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T owners will get their update today, with a broader rollout happening in the coming days.
Android 8.1 is the latest publicly available version of Android, and it’s great to see the update rolling out to more non-Google devices. If you’ve got a OnePlus 5 or OnePlus 5T, be on the lookout for your update!