The OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T are getting some interesting new features with a new OxygenOS beta.
OnePlus today announced Open Beta 17 for the OnePlus 5 and Open Beta 15 for the OnePlus 5T. These updates include a lot of new features and tweaks, including portrait mode support for the front-facing camera and the August 2018 Android security patches. Also included is a “new OxygenOS UI” for the Note app.
Here’s the full list of changes included in these Open Beta updates:
- Added Toast message source for Toast messages sent by background apps
- Added description about sleep standby optimization when the function is turned on for the first time
- Optimized background power consumption control
- Fixed call recording issue in India
- Updated Android security patch to 2018.8
- Added portrait mode for the front camera
Gaming mode 3.0
- Added call suspension notification
- Added text notification mode
- UI and interaction optimization
- Hourly weather forecast
- 8 units of meteorological data including precipitation probability and Perceived temperature
- Improved weather data accuracy
- New OxygenOS UI
- Optimized process for sharing notes as an image
- UI optimization
These are beta updates, so those of you running the stable, public builds of OxygenOS won’t be getting them just yet. If you’re not running an Open Beta build but you’d like to try it, you can find the full ROM to flash right here. Just keep in mind that these are betas and so you may encounter some bugs. If you’ve already got an Open Beta on your OnePlus 5 or 5T, you’ll get your new update over the air.