OnePlus has finally released Android Pie stable update for OnePlus 3 and 3T smartphones with OxygenOS 9.0.2, as it had promised last year. It rolled out Android Pie beta update for the phones last month. OnePlus 3 and 3T were launched back in 2016 running Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow). This is the third major Android update for the phones after Android Nougat in 2017 and Android Oreo update last year. The company has already guaranteed Android security updates for the phones till November 2019.
OnePlus 3 and 3T OxygenOS 9.0.2 is 1.6GB in size and includes Android security patch for April 2019. OnePlus said that the update will gradually roll out to everyone in a few days after confirming there are no critical bugs. It also added that using VPN to download this build might not work as the roll out is not based on regions and is randomly pushed out to a very limited number of devices.
If you haven’t received it yet, you can download the zip file for the OnePlus 3T and OnePlus 3 and flash it manually.
- Updated system to Android™ 9 Pie™
- Brand new UI for Android Pie
- Updated Android security patch to 2019.4
- Do Not Disturb mode
- You can now customize the time range in the new Do Not Disturb mode
- New Gaming mode 3.0
- Supported displaying text content of the heads up notifications
- Added notification for 3rd party calls
- Dialer now supports Google Duo
- Supports Google Lens to provide you with powerful image recognition experience
- General bug fixes and improvements