Nearly one year after the OnePlus 3 and 3T were promised updates to Android Pie, those updates have finally arrived.
OnePlus today released OxygenOS 9.0.2 for the OnePlus 3 and 3T, which includes an update to Android 9 Pie. Both phones are getting a brand new UI for Pie, improvements to Do Not Disturb and Gaming Mode, support for Google Duo in the Dialer app, and the April 2019 Android security patches.
Here’s OnePlus’s full changelog for the OxygenOS 9.0.2 update:
- Updated system to Android™ 9 Pie™
- Brand new UI for Android Pie
- Updated Android security patch to 2019.4
Do Not Disturb mode
- You can now customize the time range in the new Do Not Disturb mode
New Gaming mode 3.0
- Supported displaying text content of the heads up notifications
- Added notification for 3rd party calls
- Dialer now supports Google Duo
- Supports Google Lens to provide you with powerful image recognition experience
- General bug fixes and improvements
This update is rolling out over the air in stages, so it may take a few days before it appears on your OnePlus 3 or 3T. OnePlus says that a limited number of users will get the update today, and after it’s sure that there aren’t any major bugs, it’ll begin pushing it out more broadly.
The OnePlus 3 and 3T are starting to get a bit long in the tooth, at least when it comes to smartphones, so it’s great to see OnePlus stick to its word and update both phones to Android Pie. If you’ve got a OnePlus 3 or 3T, let us know when the Pie update arrives on your phone!