OnePlus promised earlier this year that the OnePlus 3 and 3T would get a face unlock feature, and now the company is following through on that promise.
OnePlus has released OxygenOS 5.0.3 for the OnePlus 3 and 3T, and it addes a face unlock feature that’ll give owners a new way to get into their device. The update also adds the May 2018 Android security patches, a refined Shelf UI design for the launcher, a new weather widget, and more.
Here’s the full changelog for this OxygenOS 5.0.3 update:
- Updated Android security patch to 2018.5
- Supported FaceUnlock
- Refined Shelf UI design
- New design for App shortcuts
- Supported more options when long pressing an icon
- Places: a map view of photos by location
- Supported sharing photos to Shot-On-OnePlus
- Added “Recently Deleted” collection
- Added “Large files” category
- Added new widget for Launcher
- Improved the positioning accuracy
- Adjust refresh interval for weather information update
This update is now rolling out over the air, but it’s going out incrementally. That means that it may take a few days before it hits your OnePlus 3 or 3T.
It’s great to see OnePlus continue to show love to its older devices by giving them new features years after their release. The OnePlus 5T was the first OnePlus phone to get face unlock, but since then OnePlus has brought it to the OnePlus 5, 3T, and 3, giving owners who can’t or don’t want to upgrade to a new device some new features to play with.