Microsoft is testing a new update for Windows 10 October 2018
Update that will address all kind of issues in the operating
system. The Build 17763.167 is currently live in the
Release Preview Ring.
Microsoft yesterday released a new
cumulative update for Windows 10 October 2018 Update for
Insiders. At that time, the company didn’t specify or
provide any changelog as to what was fixed in the latest
cumulative update. But today the company shared details of what
was fixed in Windows 10 Build 17763.167.
This update has fixed issues with Microsoft Edge, Internet
Explorer and even the built-in brightness feature.
What’s fixed in Windows 10 Build 17763.167
- Microsoft fixed the issue in Microsoft Edge with using the
drag and drop feature to upload folders from the Windows
- An issue that degrades Internet Explorer performance when
using roaming profiles has been addressed.
- Microsoft fixed the time zone information issues for Fiji.
- Time zone changes for Moroccan daylight standard time and
Russian daylight standard time has now been addressed.
- Issues causing the display settings to stop working when
changing multi-monitor configuration has now been fixed.
- Insiders reported black screen on some PCs when waking the
display from sleep has now been addressed with the latest
- Under certain lighting conditions, the Camera app had long
delays in taking photos, this has now been addressed.
- While playing live Hulu TV in Microsoft Edge, users noticed
a black screen which has now been fixed.
- An issue that stopped Bluetooth headsets from receiving
audio input after several minutes of listening has now been
- Restarting of the device caused the Brightness slider to be
reset to 50%, this has now been addressed.
- An issue related to the OEM manufacturing processes when
running sysprep/generalize has now been addressed.
- An issue with Microsoft Intune that causes devices to be
incorrectly marked as not compliant due to a firewall
incorrectly returns a ‘Poor’ status has been fixed.
- An issue that causes rasman.exe to stop responding has been
- Microsoft fixed an issue with RemoteApp visibility that may
cause the main window to disappear until the user clicks the
- An issue that prevented some users from setting Win32
program defaults for certain app while using the Open with…
command or Settings > Apps > Default apps has now been
- Microsoft fixed an issue that may cause mapped drives
to fail to reconnect after starting and logging onto a Windows
If you are enrolled in the Release Preview Ring then you should
be able to update to the latest build which brings a lot of
fixes. There has been no mention of any known issues with the
latest cumulative update.
For those unfamiliar, Microsoft yesterday also released
Windows 10 Build 17134.441 for April 2018 Update with a
bunch of bug fixes. The company hasn’t released any new patch
for the general public running Windows 10 October 2018 Update
but it’s likely that similar bug fixes will be released to
everyone with December updates.