Microsoft launched Your Phone app for Windows 10 earlier this
month and as of now, it works only on Insider preview builds of
Redstone 5 update. It appears that Microsoft has just pushed
out a new update for Your Phone app which adds support for
Windows 10 April 2018 Update devices.
In a Twitter post, Microsoft announced that the latest update
for Your Phone app on Windows 10 adds support for April 2018
Update devices (Redstone 4). Your Phone version 1.0.12161 comes
with the following changes:
- What’s new: right click to share a photo.
- Automatically connect when PC unlocks + disconnect when PC
- Added support for Windows 10 April 2018 Update (RS4).
It’s worth noting that the Your Phone app may still not working
on Windows 10 April 2018 Update even after installing the
#WindowsInsiders we just released an app update to
#YourPhoneApp (1.0.12161). If you haven’t gotten the
update, get it from the Store https://t.co/QNmDpuCIcR. What’s
new: right click to share photo; automatically connect when
PC unlocks + disconnect when PC locks. RS4 support!
— Roberto Bojorquez (@bojorchess)
August 10, 2018
It’s likely that the Your Phone app for Windows 10 April 2018
Update is still rolling out and it will work on supported
devices soon. For those unfamiliar with Your Phone app, you can
access photos stored in your phone from your PC.
- Take a photo on your Android phone and watch it show up in
the Your Phone app on your PC almost instantly (we’ll show your
25 most recent photos).
- Drag a photo from the Your Phone app to your desktop.
- Drag a photo from the Your Phone app to another app (such
as an Office document, a new email message, etc.).
- Select a photo in the Your Phone app to edit it.
You can download Your Phone app from here.