Microsoft today released a new preview build for Insiders
enrolled in the Skip Ahead Ring. The latest build doesn’t come
with any new features but has been pushed out with improvements
and fixes for some of the issues reported by Insiders.
If you are enrolled in the Skip Ahead Ring then you will be
seeing Windows 10 build 18219 from the 19H1 branch rolling out
currently. Currently Microsoft is busy finalizing its next
update codenamed Redstone 5 which is due for release in couple
of months. Hence you will not find any new features added in
The latest build comes with a long list of fixes and
improvements for Insiders. Below is the full changelog of
what’s fixed and improved.
- Microsoft has made improvements for the Narrator
Reliability in the latest flight.
- Improvements have been made to the Reading and Navigating
when in Scan Mode.
- Link in Settings will relaunch the QuickStart from the very
first Welcome page.
- Microsoft has made changes to the keystroke which will work
both in the Standard and Legacy layouts. The new keystroke
introduced is Narrator + Alt + F.
- The Redmond Giant fixed issue which resulted in Notepad’s
Search with Bing feature searching for “10 10” instead of “10 +
- Issue which resulted in minimized apps having squished
thumbnails in Task view has now been fixed.
- Issue where the taskbar stayed on top of full screened apps
has now been fixed in the latest flight.
- Icons in Microsoft Edge extension pane were drawing close
to the toggles in previous flights. This issue has now been
fixed in the latest build.
- Find on Page in Microsoft Edge stopped working once the PDF
has been refreshed. This issue has now been fixed.
- Issue where Ctrl-based keyboard shortcuts (like Ctrl + C,
Ctrl + A) didn’t work in editable fields for PDFs opened in
Microsoft Edge has now been fixed.
- We fixed the issue in Narrator’s automatic dialog reading
where the title of the dialog is being spoken more than once.
As is always the case, Insider builds do contain some known
issues which needs to be gone through before updating. Below is
the list of known issues:
- Users will encounter hangs when running WSL in this build.
As a temporary workaround please reboot the system to correct
- Taskbar flyouts will no longer have acrylic background
after upgrading to this build.
- Ease of Access Make Text bigger setting brings text
clipping issues in latest build which should be fixed in
- If you set up Microsoft Edge as your kiosk app and
configure the start/new tab page URL from assigned access
Settings, Microsoft Edge may not get launched with the
configured URL. The fix for this issue should be included in
the next flight.
- A notification count icon overlapping with the extension
icon in Edge toolbar will be visible after upgrading to this
- When using Narrator Scan mode you may experience multiple
stops for a single control.
We recommend you to go through the list of known issues before
upgrading to the latest Windows 10 build 18219 which is live
for Skip Ahead Ring.