Microsoft today released a new Windows 10 build 17733 for
Insiders enrolled in the Fast Ring. The latest build finally
brings the Dark Mode to the File Explorer which was under
testing for some time now.
The Dark Mode is the only new feature released in the Windows
10 build 17733 since Redstone 5 development is beginning to
wind up with Microsoft working more on fixing bugs.
The Redstone 5 build comes with many fixes and also a new set
of known issues for Fast Ring Insiders. Below is the full
changelog of what’s fixed and broken in Windows 10 Build 17733.
- Microsoft fixed issues with the touch keyboard which became
invisible in previous flights.
- Some components of a notification with progress bar flashed
every time the bar was updated. This issue has now been fixed
in the latest flight.
- Resetting the device made the Sound Settings page
unresponsive after logging back in, this issue has now been
- Issues where the High Contrast drop down flashed when the
values were changed has finally been fixed.
- The Narrator couldn’t access the emoji in the Touch
Keyboards emoji panel, this issue has finally been fixed in
the latest flight.
- Narrator not responding properly after selecting an image
using the keyboard has now been fixed.
- Touch Narrator didn’t respond as expected after deselecting
the word. This has now been fixed in latest insider build.
- When using Mouse Mode command the Narrator key got sticky
creating issues to users. This has been fixed with build 17733.
- Fixed the issue where Narrator automatic dialog read the
Command key Assignment dialog twice.
- Narrator experience has been improved when moving by
character and announcing phonetic pronunciations.
- We fixed the issue where Narrator misread the Calculator
app’s display on focus for values over 100.
- When launching Narrator QuickStart using the link in
Narrator Settings, the Narrator icon would appear in the
taskbar. This has now been fixed in the recent flight.
- Issue where Narrator navigated out of the Microsoft Edge
browser window using Scan mode on some web pages has now been
- Users reported issue where Narrator crashed when Developer
Mode was in use and the generated string to display was null.
This has now been fixed.
There are also some known issues as are expected in Insider
builds. Below is the full changelog of what’s broken:
- Clicking a link to launch one app from another app may not
work for some Insiders. This should be fixed in upcoming builds
for Redstone 5.
- When you upgrade to this build you’ll find that the taskbar
flyouts (network, volume, etc) no longer have an acrylic
- The Ease of Access Make Text bigger setting, you might see
text clipping issues, or find that text is not increasing in
size everywhere. This will be fixed in future builds.
- On Windows 10 in S Mode, launching Office in the Store may
fail to launch with an error about a .dll not being designed to
run on Windows.
- Using Narrator Scan mode Shift + Selection commands in
Microsoft Edge, the text does not get selected properly.
- When using a Windows Mixed Reality immersive app, saying
“Flashlight on,” may fail to activate the flashlight feature
even though the status appears as active on the Start menu.
As is always recommended by us, we request you to go through
the list of known issues before upgrading to the new Windows 10
build for Fast Ring. You can download the build by going to
Settings>Update & Security>Windows Update>Check for