Microsoft today released a new Windows 10 Preview Build version
17728 for Fast Ring Insiders. The latest build comes with a
major new feature which was announced by the company earlier in
the year. Microsoft has released the much awaited “Your Phone”
for Fast Ring Insiders. You can get a detailed changelog of
what’s new in the latest build 17728
Along with releasing the Your Phone feature to Fast Ring
Insiders, Microsoft has also pushed out major fixes and
improvements to Insiders on Redstone 5. Below is the full list
of What’s fixed and Broken in the latest Windows 10 Build
- Clock & Calendar Flyout impacted notifications and taskbar
in the previous flights. This issue has now been fixed in the
- Issue which resulted minimized apps to squished thumbnails
in Task View has now been fixed.
- Pressing Alt+F4 and enabling Timeline resulted in the Task
View crashing, this issue has now finally been fixed in the
- Insiders with Touchscreen had issues with the Timeline’s
scrollbar not working properly. This has now been fixed in the
- Issue with the UWP apps showing accent colored in spite of
being disabled in Settings has now been fixed.
- Taskbar staying on top of full screened apps when hovered
over any group taskbar icon. This issue has now been fixed.
- Find on Page stopped working for open PDFs once refreshed
on Microsoft Edge. This issue has now been settled in the
latest preview build.
- Keyboard shortcuts like Ctrl+C and Ctrl + A were unusable
when editing PDFs in Microsoft Edge. This has now been fixed
and users will not be able to edit PDFs without any issue.
- Issues where the icons in the Microsoft Edge extension pane
were drawing unexpectedly close to the toggles has now been
- Windows Security icon in the taskbar notification area
became blurrier after a resolution change in previous flights.
This has finally been fixed in the current flight.
- We fixed an issue where the USERNAME environment variable
was returning SYSTEM when queried from an un-elevated Command
Prompt in recent builds.
- Narrator automatic dialog resulted in the title of the
dialog spoken more than once, this has now been fixed with the
- There is an issue impacting WDAG, Remote Desktop and
Hyper-V. Remote Desktop Client (mstsc.exe) users will see a
misleading error dialog complaining about low virtual memory
when a connection is being established. As a workaround, they
can ignore that error dialog by just leaving it there. If they
dismiss the error dialog, the connection will be severed. And
users won’t be able to use enhanced session in Virtual Machine
Connection (vmconnect.exe). As a workaround, they can stick
with the non-enhanced session.
- Upgrading to this build the network, volume taskbar flyouts
will no longer have the acrylic background.
- Ease of Access Make Text bigger setting has issue with
users seeing text clipping issues or finding text size is not
increasing. This issue should be fixed in upcoming new flights.
- Setting up Microsoft Edge as your kiosk app and configure
the start/new tab page URL from assigned access Settings,
Microsoft Edge fails during launch with the configured URL.
This will be fixed in an upcoming flight for Fast Ring
- Windows 10 in S Mode users will face issue while launching
Office in the Store with error about a .dll not being designed
to run on Windows. The temporary workaround is to uninstall and
reinstall Office from the Store.
- Narrator Scan mode Shift + Selection commands in Edge, the
text does not get selected properly.
- If you have set up Windows Mixed Reality headset, then
after upgrading to this build you would need to re pair them
second time for them to appear in the headset.
We recommend our users to go through the full list of known
issues before upgrading to the latest Windows 10 build 17728 by
going to Settings>Update & Security>Windows
Update>Check for Updates.