La Mulana 2 Is Coming to Consoles in 2019
It’s about time for the PAX West 2018 news to start rolling in. To that end, Playism and Nigoro have announced that their sequel to the indie metroidvania hit La-Mulana is moving from PC (and Mac) to consoles. There’s no release date yet, but there is a release window of spring 2019.
La-Mulana 2 was announced for consoles at the [email protected] Pre-PAX West 2018 Open House event. This of course meant that the game was available on hand for the Xbox One. However, the game is also going to be released on the Nintendo Switch, and of course the PlayStation 4.
The original La-Mulana dates all the way back to 2005, when it was a Japanese-only PC game that was based on old MSX adventures. After a fan translation brought the game more attention, it was eventually remade for various platforms, even making its way to the PlayStation Vita as the successful La-Mulana EX.
The sequel was the result of a 2014 Kickstarter, which was successful enough to meet its initial goal and a couple of stretch goals as well. It released on PC just last month. Here’s some key features from the La-Mulana 2 Steam listing:
- Become an adventurer and explore sprawling ancient ruins.
- Gather hints to solve the various mysteries of the ruins.
- Dive into the action as you fight off tough enemies seeking to impede your progress.
- A detailed and beautifully dot-rendered world.
- Seven main weapons and over ten sub-weapons.
- Over 60 items of various types to help you explore the ruins.
- Over 20 apps to install on your trusty adventurer’s tablet, the “Mobile Super X3.”
- Includes reference book with over 200 monsters and other characters in the game.