Last year, Microsoft surprised everyone by introducing the
world to the future of computing through its dual-screen
Surface Duo and Neo. While the Surface Neo and Windows 10X
won’t be coming to the public anytime soon, Surface Duo is
already available and we now have the wallpapers included with
Microsoft has confirmed that you can now buy the Surface Duo if
you’re in the United States and those who pre-ordered the phone
should either receive it today or later this week.
Surface Duo ships with Android 10 and its bootloader is fully
unlockable, which means that you can get custom ROMs running on
the dual-screen hardware.
Like every other developer and consumer-friendly Android OEM,
Microsoft has also published the factory image for the Surface
Duo, so you can easily recover the device if it doesn’t boot
The factory image of the Surface Duo also gives us access to
the wallpapers shipped with the dual-screen phone. Microsoft’s
wallpaper pack for Surface Duo is a theme that features five
premium high-quality images that you can also apply to your
desktop running Windows 10.
With Windows 10’s personalization settings, you can also cycle
through each of the images automatically by pausing on each for
a select amount of time before switching to the next wallpaper.
Here’s what to do to get the Surface Duo wallpapers for Windows
- Head to Dropbox page.
- Click on the ‘Downloads’ button to save the .zip file.
If you want to create a slideshow using these five wallpapers,
follow these steps:
- Make a new folder and place the wallpapers you want to use.
- Name the images appropriately as the slideshow will go
through the folder in alphanumerical order.
- Open Settings > Personalization > Background.
- Click the “Background” box.
- Select the “Slideshow” option.
- Click the “Browse” button, and then locate the folder
containing your Duo wallpapers.
- Once done, you can also customize the frequency under
“Change picture every” section.