Microsoft today released a new Windows 10 build 17677 for
Insiders in the Fast Ring with new features. The latest build
came as a surprise to the Windows Insiders since a day ago
Windows Insider Chief Dona Sarkar confirmed that there will be
no new builds this week due to roll back issues. She
confirmed that the issue was related to deployment and not roll
back and hence they are releasing a new Windows 10 Redstone 5
build for Fast Ring Insiders.
Dona Sarkar’s latest tweet came as a surprise to all confirming
the release of a new Windows 10 build today with version
17677. The latest build comes with improvements to
Microsoft Edge, Narrator, Accessibility and more.
You can refer our dedicated article
here for the full changelog. As is always the case with
Insider builds you expect them to come with a long list of bug
fixes and issues. Below is the full changelog.
What’s fixed and improved:
- Microsoft fixed issue with the Narrator which caused it to
read extra text while pressing Alt + Tab.
- Issue with the double clicking text in Command Prompt which
selected only the first punctuation work has now been fixed.
- The Home and End keys not working issue in Microsoft Edge
has also been fixed in the latest build.
- Users complained of reliability issues in XAML surface
while using Reveal has been fixed in the current build.
- Previous build resulted in Adobe XD crashing on launch.
This issue has now been fixed with build 17677.
- Pressing F1 in Microsoft Edge now takes you to the Edge
support page instead of the Microsoft Edge tips.
- Opening local files like PDFs in Microsoft Edge will now
show up in the History section of the browser.
- Hovering your mouse over a tab playing audio in
Microsoft Edge will now show up the volume icon.
- Issues related to downloading files in Microsoft Edge
getting stuck on security scan has now been fixed.
- Users faced issue when trying to Enabling Developer Mode
through the For developers settings page. This has now been
fixed and will now be working as expected.
As is expected, the Windows 10 build 17677 also comes with list
of known issues. Below is the full list of known issues.
- Business customers using their AAD account for downloading
latest flights will face issue with the “Fix me” option not
working resulting in them not being able to download new
builds. This issue is expected to be fixed in the next build.
- Microsoft is working on adding dark theme in File Explorer
and Common File Dialog hence users will find some unexpected
light colors when in dark mode.
- Explorer.exe hangs on this build for Insiders who use
Remote Desktop or have multiple monitors.
- Right-clicking apps in the taskbar users may find that the
jump list is missing .
- Mixed Reality Portal will reinstall the Mixed Reality
Software and as a result environment setting will not be
preserved. As a workaround, Microsoft would not like you to
take this build.
- The top of some Win32 desktop app windows may appear
slightly underneath the tab bar when created maximized. To work
around the issue, restore and re-maximize the window.
- Tiling and cascading windows will not work for inactive
Users who would like to download the latest Windows 10 build
17677 are advised to go through the list of known issues. You
can get the latest build by going to Settings>Update &
Security>Windows Update>Check for Updates.