Cortana competes against assistants such as Apple
Siri, Google Assistant, and Amazon Alexa. Microsoft
is expanding its digital assistant to other platforms including
Amazon’s Alexa. As part of the partnership, Microsoft will also
bring Amazon Alexa to Windows 10 devices and the rival solution
will work with Cortana to deliver a better experience.
The PC makers will be bringing Amazon Alexa to some
of Windows 10 devices this year, and Amazon is already working
with the partners to expand Alexa to more devices.
As expected, you can install Amazon Alexa on any Windows 10
device. To get Amazon Alexa, you would need to download
the Alexa app and run the .exe file.
Get Amazon Alexa on any Windows 10 PC
- Download Amazon Alexa for Windows 10 from here.
- Run the .exe file, and Amazon Alexa app will install.
- Optional: You might need to change the system language
to the USA.
- Head to Start menu, and under ‘recently added’
section, you will find Alexa.
- Run the app and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Click Continue to accept the terms and conditions.
- In “Configure Alexa on PC settings” screen, click “Finish
setup”. You can also check the options – “Launch app on sign in
to this computer”, and “Allow app sounds”, to ensure a better
- That’s it. You would need to sign in to Amazon account in
order to run Amazon Alexa.
- Once you’ve logged in, Amazon Alexa will open, and you can
ask her anything, like the weather.
Did you find Amazon Alexa on Windows 10 useful? Let us know
your thoughts in the comments below.