Headsnatchers will launch via Steam Early Access on July 10, publisher Iceberg Interactive and developer IguanaBee announced.
Here is a brief overview of the game, via the press release:
Inspired by some of the wackiest Japanese gameshows, Headsnatchers enables players to snatch each other’s outlandishly, cartoony heads and use them to compete in a series of insane minigames. Ever wanted to try slam-dunking your buddie’s head in the basketball arena or flushing them down a giant toilet? Here’s your chance in Headsnatchers!
Gameplay modes include single-player zombie castle conquest, four-player couch-mode local play (perfect for parties), as well as four-player online multiplayer (for when you want to party from afar). There are tons of freaky heads for players to choose from, however, our comprehensive head-design tool allows players to concoct even crazier ones – the sky’s the limit!
The Early Access version of the game will include the following features:
- Online and Local Multiplayer mayhem, supporting up to four players.
- Four game modes, 25-plus unique levels of frantic fun.
- Single-player Zombie mode, for when you just want some me-time.
- Customize your character by choosing from 100-plus loony heads.
- Create your own heads using the visual editor.
Headsnatchers will be in Early Access “for at least six months.” A PlayStation 4 version of the game is also planned for release.
Watch a new trailer below.