■ Starting the Game
The closed beta runs from May 31 to June 1 (PDT / GMT). The game will be inaccessible outside of the beta testing period.
Press any button on the Title Screen and you will be directed to the Announcements screen.
Select Start and press X to go to the Main Menu.
Select Online from the list of play modes.
Next, set your player name.
Online Lobby Screen
Follow the on-screen instructions and select your region, area, lobby, avatar, and in-battle character.
Once this process is complete, you will enter a lobby.
Walk up to any empty arcade station seat and press X to sit down. When an opponent is sittin at a station next to you, press X to confirm that you are ready for the match. The match will start after both players confirm they are ready.
■ Available Lobby Actions
- 1. Lobby Info: Displays lobby information and the current time.
- 2. Information: Walk over to the bulletin board and press X to see various news.
- 3. Communication Notebook: Each lobby has a notebook where players can start threads and leave comments.
- 4. Avatar: Player-controlled avatar. Your avatar’s appearance can be changed.
- 5. Chat Log: A history log showing the set phrases, stickers, and chat messages posted.
- 6. Arcade Station: Start a match against another player.
You can communicate with other players with set phrases, stickers, and chat messages. Press Triangle to open the Communication Menu and select what you want to post. The history of posts by you and other lobby members will be displayed on the Chat Log.
Select a thread and press X to enter.
Once you have entered, press X again to leave a comment.
To start a new thread, press the Triangle button from the thread list.
To change your avatar character, select Lobby Avatar from the Lobby Menu. (You can open the Lobby Menu by pression the Options button.)
The character’s color can also be changed.
To change you character for lobby matches, select Character Select from the Lobby Menu.
You can either have your player name or your online ID displayed in the lobby. To switch, select Other Settings from the Lobby Menu, and then Miscellaneous.
Online lobbies will be unavailable during server maintenances. When lobbies are unavailable, either Versus CPU mode or Casual Match mode can be played instead. (The available mode will differ based on maintenance status.)
- Versus CPU: A mode to play matches against the CPU.
- Casual Match: A mode to play non-lobby online matches against other players.
■ Beta Test Survey
Your feedback on the game is welcomed! Please consider taking part in the online survey.
To access the survey website, select Survey from the Main Menu and either select Open the Website or scan the QR code displayed.
■ Match Rules
- 1. Win Counter: Displays the number of rounds won by the player.
- 2. Skill Icons: Displays available skills. (Unavailable skills’ icon will be darkened.)
- 3. SB Gauge: Skybound Art or Super Skybound Art can be activated when this gauge is full. Fills up upon dealing or taking damage, among other actions.
- 4. Round Timer: Displays how much time is left in a round. The round ends when the timer reaches 0.
- 5. HP Gauge: Displays the character’s health. The round ends when it reaches 0.
- 6. Chain Counter: Displays the number of consecutive hits performed.
- 7. System Text: Displays contextual combat information such as counters.
A player wins a round when they reduce their opponent’s HP to zeor. The first player to win two rounds in total wins the match.
Round Time Limit
Each round has a 99 second time limit. When the time runs out, the player with the higher amount of remaining HP wins the round.
- Directional Buttons: Move / Guard / Jump
- Square Button: Light Attack
- Triangle Button: Medium Attack
- Circle Button: Heavy Attack
- X Button: Unique Action
- L1 Button: Throw (can also be activated with Square + X)
- L2 Button: Overhead Attack (can also be activated with Triangle + Circle)
- R1 Button: Skill
- R2 Button: Guard
This controller layout is the default. Button settings can be changed by selecting Button Configuration in the Main Menu’s Customize menu or the online lobby’s pause menu. (Pause menu will open by pressing Options when you are in an online lobby.)
Evade Left + R2: Evade avoids all damage from incoming attacks except for throws. However, there is a brief moment of vulernability at the end of the move.
Cross Over Right + R2: Cross overs avoid all damage from incoming attacks while advancing forward. However, it doesn’t work against throws and low attacks.
*You can hold R2 and press Left or Right to pull of these moves.
Press the R1 button to use skills specific to that character. Once activated, each skill cannot be reused until its colldown time passes. (The respective skill icon will be darkened during cooldown.)
Down, Down-Right, Right + R1: Deals more damage than regular skills. It can be activated once the SB gauge reaches 100 percent.
Super Skybound Art
Right, Down-Right, Down, Down-Left, Left + R1: A super skybound art is an even more powerful skybound art. It can only be activated when the SB gauge reaches 100 percent, and your HP is 30 percent or lower.
Instead of using the R1 button as a shortcut, button inputs for activating skills, skybound arts, and super skybound arts can be entered manually. The skill’s cooldown will be shorter when activated by technical commands.
■ Character Command Lists