Here’s what we’re articulate about this week on a GeekWire Podcast.
The sobriety of a COVID-19 pathogen conflict strike home tough in Seattle this week: Large events were banned, schools were closed, and thousands of people struggled to adjust to operative from home. Restaurants began to feel a splash – some even sealed temporarily – as people stayed home. The Seattle Archdiocese pronounced it would postpone jubilee of a Eucharist during services. Amazon will reason a annual shareholder assembly online … a first.
This podcast is a tiny example: we available a uncover wholly remotely for a initial time, with any of us in a particular homes, connected around video conference, rather than sitting together in a studio during a bureau as we customarily do.
Over 3 dozen people have died from a pathogen and over 500 cases of a illness were reported. The series of infections and a genocide fee continued to rise. And contrast for a illness continues to be a problem.
We plead several angles to this fast-moving story:
Children in Seattle-area schools will be home during slightest until Apr 24. Nicole Tanner talks with us about what a knowledge of training in a practical classroom is like for her second-grade daughter … and herself:
- ‘Classroom to Cloud’: What happened when coronavirus forced my kid’s propagandize to go online
Alan Boyle has been stating on what contrast for COVID-19 can tell us about a disease:
- Researcher says some-more coronavirus contrast will assistance conduct outbreak, though transport bans? Not so much
Kurt Schlosser visited a eerily still South Lake Union neighborhood, where Amazon is headquartered:
- Photos: Seattle’s tech heart goes still as businesses onslaught to cope with effects of COVID-19
And Monica Nickelsburg wrote about Amazon holding a annual shareholder assembly into a cloud:
- Amazon moves shareholder assembly online, cancels in-person eventuality where investors and protestors accumulate in Seattle annually
With GeekWire’s Todd Bishop, Monica Nickelsburg and Kurt Schlosser, and special guest, contributing author Nicole Tanner. Audio modifying and prolongation by Curt Milton. Music by Daniel L.K. Caldwell.
- Follow Nicole Tanner on Twitter: https://twitter.com/nicoletanner
Her former podcast co-hosts can be found here:
- Regina McMenomy during The Geek Embassy
- Stephen Duetzmann during Engaged Family Gaming