In addition to taking the wraps off of three new TCL 10 Series phones, TCL today introduced several new Alcatel Mobile devices at CES 2020.
This new batch of Alcatel products includes four new smartphones and a kid-focused tablet. Here’s what makes each of them tick:
- The camera-focused Alcatel 3L packs a triple rear camera setup with a 48MP main sensor that uses 4-in-1 big pixel tech that combines four pixels into a
- 1.6μm 12MP image to get you better low-light sensitivity. There’s also a 5MP super wide angle camera with 115-degree field of view and a 2MP macro cam for close-up shots.
- Other features of the Alcatel 3L include a 6.22-inch 1520×720 display with waterdrop notch where the 8MP selfie camera lives, a rear fingerprint reader, and an octa-core MediaTek MT6762 processor. There’s 4GB of RAM and 64GB of storage included along with a microSD card slot if you need additional storage, and a combo of Android 10 and a 4000mAh package powers the 3L.
- The Alcatel 3L will launch in Q1 2020 in select markets in Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa. Pricing will start at €139 EUR ($155 USD).
- This is another triple camera smartphone from Alcatel, but it’s aimed at being a more affordable option. The Alcatel 1S is packing a 13MP main camera with 22 types of scene detection, a 5MP cam with depth sensing for portrait mode photos, and a 2MP macro camera.
- There’s a fingerprint reader on the back of the Alcatel 1S, too. Around front is a 6.22-inch 1520×720 display with waterdrop notch and 5MP selfie camera, and inside the phone is an octa-core MediaTek MT6762D processor. Also included is 3GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, a microSD slot, a 4000mAh battery, and Android 10.
- Expect the Alcatel 1S to launch in Q1 2020 in select markets in Europe, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa. It’ll be priced starting at €99 EUR ($110 USD).
- The Alcatel 1V features a 6.22-inch 1520×720 screen with 19:9 aspect ratio, a waterdrop notch with a 5MP selfie camera, and a rear fingerprint reader. There’s also a dual rear camera setup with a 13MP main camera and 5MP depth sensor, a textured backside for added grip, and a dedicated Google Assistant button. Other notable specs include 32GB of storage, a microSD slot, 2GB of RAM, octa-core MediaTek MT6762D processor, and a 4000mAh battery.
- Alcatel will launch the 1V in Q1 2020 in select markets in Latin America, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa. Pricing for this Android 10 phone will start at €79 EUR ($88 USD).
- The 1B is Alcatel’s entry into the affordable Android 10 (Go edition) market. It’s packing a 5.5-inch 1440×720 display, 8MP rear and 5MP front cameras, 16GB of storage, and 2GB of RAM. A quad-core Snapdragon 215 is included, too, along with a 3000mAh battery and dedicated Google Assistant button.
- You’ll see the Alcatel 1B in Q1 2020 in select markets in Europe, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa. Pricing will start at just €59 EUR ($66 USD).
Alcatel TKEE MINI
- The TKEE MINI is a tablet aimed at children. It’s got a removable bumper case with soft, rounded corners to help protect it from abuse, and there’s a foldable back stand to prop it up. It also includes eye distance detection to protect a child’s eyes, 30 minute alerts for screen time breaks, and a kid-friendly user interface.
- Its specs include a 7-inch 1024×600 display, 2MP front and rear cameras, dual speakers, a quad-core MediaTek MT8167D processor, and 1.5GB of RAM. There’s 16GB of storage built-in as well as a microSD card slot if you need more storage later on. It’s powered by Android 9 Pie and a 2580mAh battery.
- The Alcatel TKEE MINI will be available starting in Q1 2020 in select markets in Latin America, the Middle East, and Africa. Pricing will start at €79 EUR ($88 USD).
Alcatel LinkKey IK41
- Finally, there’s the Alcatel LinkKey IK41, a 4G LTE USB dongle. There are several ways of getting your laptop online nowadays, including connectivity that’s built into your laptop and smartphone hotspot, but a USB dongle like the LinkKey gives you the versatility of swapping between laptops and doesn’t drain your phone’s battery.
- The LinkKey IK41 offers download speeds up to 150Mbps and uploads up too 50Mbps. It’ll be available starting in Q1 in the U.S., Europe, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa starting at €44 EUR ($49 USD).