Dragon Quest Builders 2 will launch for PlayStation 4 and Switch on December 20 in Japan for 7,800 yen, Square Enix announced. Koei Tecmo is lending a hand in development to strengthen the game’s action parts.
A 9,700 yen digital-only bundle including the game, two post-launch downloadable content packs, and an early unlock of the “Yuubon Sunglasses” to change your appearance will also be available.
First-print copies of the physical edition, as well as digital edition purchases before January 20, 2019, will include the “Slime Tower” recipe.
Early PlayStation Store and Nintendo eShop purchases will include the “Heroes Pixel Decoration” recipe set.
Early purchases at retailers will include various “Crest Blocks” as a bonus:
- Amazon Japan – Crest Block: Solar
- Ion – Crest Block: Star
- 7-Eleven Shopping – Crest Block: Moon
- Loppin / Lawson HMV – Crest Block: Water
- GEO / Game Tsutaya / Tsutaya Online Shopping / Yamada Denki – Crest Block: Life
Square Enix e-Store purchases will include a Dragon Quest Builders 2 origami set.
Dragon Quest Builders 2 will be playable for the first time at Tokyo Game Show 2018 from September 20 to 23. A stage event featuring the latest information will also be held on the Square Enix main stage on September 22 at 14:00 JST.
Square Enix will also host a Dragon Quest Builders 2 “Builders Experience Tour” throughout five locations in Japan where fans can get an early hands-on with the game. The dates and locations are as follows:
- October 6 and 7 – Osaka: Aeon Mall Sakai Kitahanada
- October 13 and 14 – Chiba: Aeon Mall Makuhari Shintoshin
- October 27 and 28 – Sapporo: Aeon Mall Sapporo Hiraoka
- November 24 and 25 – Aichi: Aeon Mall Okazaki
- December 1 and 2 – Saitama: Aeon LakeTown
Watch the opening movie and new gameplay below.
- 21:32 to 31:02 – Release Date Reveal Gameplay
- 42:01 to 1:00:44 – The First 20 Minutes