2D action RPG CrossCode will leave Steam Early Access and fully launch on September 20, publisher Deck1 Interactive3 and developer Radical Fish Games announced.
Version 1.0 of the game will be “huge and by far the biggest” update the game has ever received. The following features will be included:
- The complete main story with at least twice the amount of cutscenes
- Awesome and dramatic plot moments
- A complete new area + dungeon + several extensions in existing areas
- Rhombus Square – the largest city of the game
- New party members
- Over nine new enemy types + more variations
- Over 13 new boss fight and other major battles
- About 12 new quests
- Several menu improvements and QoL additions
- A complete German translation
- Countless other small improvements/changes
- Also hopefully less buggy than previous major releases
- Other features that we still hope to finish but are not 100 percent certain yet:
- Steam Achievements
- Steam Trading Cards
Beyond version 1.0, there are several features and content planned to be added to the game at a later date, including:
- A New Game+ mode that allows you to restart the game in a special manner (details still open)
- Several additional NPCs, quests, and enemies that we promised to our Indiegogo backers
- The Last Minute Hero Guild that (ironically) we decided not to implement in the last minute.
- More maps for Rhombus Square and more a few quests that didn’t quite make it for version 1.0
- The Arena in Rhombus Square! The least you can expect is a boss rush mode among other things!
A PlayStation 4 version of CrossCode is also in development, but has yet to be dated.