Developer Robert Tatnell has announced Hokko Life, an Animal Crossing-esque community simulation game for PC where players can build their own town with tools that alow you to customize and design furniture, clothing, and more. It will launch first via Steam Early Access sometime in 2020.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Hokko Life is a cozy, creativity filled community sim game.
Step off the train into the town of Hokko and get settled into your new home!
This quiet village needs your help to turn it into the charming rural town everyone loves. With hammer and paints in hand it’s up to you to design, build and decorate homes for all of your new friends!
Busy yourself away in the dusty old workshop and let your creativity flow!
Craft materials and combine them in whatever way you desire to create new and wonderful furniture and items for your town. Collect flowers, mix paints and use them to design wallpapers, flooring and even clothing!
Will you design an urban-industrial furniture collection or maybe a bright flowery wallpaper set? With all of the workshop at your disposal, you’ll have complete freedom to design a town your villagers will absolutely love.
- Craft: Head to the forest or the abandoned mine to chop; mine, and dig for resources. Take what you’ve collected back to town and craft them into materials you can use in your own designs.
- Design: Gather your materials and head into the workshop to put your own spin on every item in the game. Use the design table to build your own furniture, combining different shapes and materials in a simple but powerful editor.
- Paint: Pop on your overall, get out those brushes and throw some color down. You can design wallpaper, flooring and even T-Shirts for you and the villagers to wear. Get everyone in town wearing your own unique designs!
- Build: Enlist the help of the resident builder and start expanding the town. Place buildings wherever you like and get them ready for new villagers to move to town.
- Decorate: Customize the interior and exterior of any home, choose designs and place furniture to make a home your new friends will love.
- Farm: Turn any plot of land into a place to grow vegetables and other plants, use your green fingers to grow and sell the best produce.
- Fish: Spend a quiet morning at the various fishing spots around the world of Hokko and build your fishing collection. Fish have unique habits, so you’ll need to vary your approach, with each catch providing it’s own challenge when you reel in.
- Bug Hunt: Fluttering and scuttling about the world of Hokko you’ll find a whole range of insects for you to catch and build your collection with; keep a eye out, you never know what might be hiding in that bush!
Watch the announcement trailer below. View the first screenshots at the gallery. Visit the official website here.