Square Enix has released the fourth of multiple patches for the PC version of Chrono Trigger that will enhance the game’s presentation and features following fan feedback.
The fourth patch includes the following updates and adjustments:
- Changes to the menu UI
- We’ve changed the user interface (operation method and screen layout) of the following screens to make it more comfortable to play with controller or keyboard.
- Menu screen
- Title screen (including title menu)
- You can select interface either “gamepad/keyboard” or “touch panel/mouse” from “settings” in the menu.
- Title screen is the same regardless of your settings.
- The UI updates that we first outlined in patch #2 are now complete as of this patch. However, we will continue to keep adjusting the UI where necessary.
- Other adjustments and revisions
- In the settings menu, “Movement” has been removed, based on UI changes.
- Small bugs are fixed
A fifth patch will be released in late July, which will add the ability to rebind buttons for controllers, keyboard, and mouse, and more.