Borderlands 3‘s second campaign downloadable content, “Guns, Love, and Tentacles: The Marriage of Wainwright Hammerlock,” will launch across all platforms on March 26, publisher 2K Games and developer Gearbox Software announced. It is include with the Borderlands 3 Season Pass, as well as with the Super Deluxe Edition.
Here is an overview of the downloadable content, via Gearbox Software:
Dive into Borderlands 3‘s second campaign add-on for a surprisingly dangerous engagement party in “Guns, Love, and Tentacles: The Marriage of Wainwright Hammerlock.” Sir Alistair Hammerlock and Wainwright Jakobs are finally tying the knot, and they want you to come celebrate their upcoming nuptials on the ice planet of Xylourgos. Its frozen wastes have thinned out all but the most vicious wildlife, and the eerie town of Cursehaven—where you’ve all agreed to meet—is located beneath the colossal carcass of a fallen Vault Monster.
As if this ice world’s biting cold and vicious wildlife weren’t unwelcoming enough, a band of creepy occultists who worship the Vault Monster’s carcass are hellbent on breaking up the betrothed partners. You’ll have to fight back the forces of otherworldly evil if Wainwright and Hammerlock are to have their happily ever after. Luckily, the most badass wedding planner in the galaxy has your back: Gaige, a fugitive Vault Hunter (and returning fan-favorite character) who’s inseparable from her robot BFF Deathtrap. And that’s not all:
- Reunite with old friends and team up with some eerie new characters to help true love triumph over eldritch horror.
- Confront bloodthirsty enemies and formidable bosses, including alien beasts, hideously mutated occultists, and a clan of cold-blooded bandits.
- Delve into the disturbing and occasionally daft backstories of cursed townfolk in a host of spine-tingling side missions.
- Arm your Vault Hunter with some of the deadliest gear in the galaxy, including a trove of additional Legendaries and some supremely powerful Class Mods.
- Flaunt your sense of style with a slew of new cosmetic items, from Vault Hunter Heads Skins to interactive Room Decorations and all-new Vehicle Skins.
Gearbox Software also shared the following concept artwork of Borderlands 3‘s third campaign add-on, which will launch this summer:
A roadmap outlining the free events and updates coming to Borderlands 3 in April and May was also unveiled. Here are the details:
- April 2020 – Mayhem Mode 2.0 and the Revenge of the Cartels seasonal event. Mayhem Mode 2.0 will overhaul Borderlands 3’s end-game by reinventing the ways in which Mayhem modifiers work. Revenge of the Cartels will see you tracking down and taking out cartel operatives to earn event-specific rewards.
- May 2020 – The second Takedown arrives! Much like Takedown at the Maliwan Blacksite—which released last November—the Guardian Takedown will offer some of the most challenging content in the game. This intense standalone mission will be themed after the mysterious Eridians and will feature not only new bosses but new gear and cosmetics as well. The difficulty will scale to the size of the player party by default. However, if you want to experience the Takedown in its true form, you can select “True Takedown Mode,” which tunes the difficulty for a party of four fully leveled-up Vault Hunters regardless of party size.
Borderlands 3 is available now for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC via the Epic Games Store, and Stadia, and is coming to PC via Steam on March 13.
Watch the trailer for “Guns, Love, and Tentacles: The Marriage of Wainwright Hammerlock” below. View the first screenshots at the gallery.