Digerati will release top-down rogue-lite space shoot ’em up Blacksea Odyssey, which first launched for PC via Steam in June 2016, for PlayStation 4 on July 10 in North America and July 11 in Europe, the publisher announced.
In Asia, the PlayStation 4 version of Blacksea Odyssey will be released on July 12 via publishing partner Eastasiasoft. The company will also release a physical edition limited to 1,500 units via Play-Asia sometime in July for $34.99, which includes the game disc, manual, soundtrack CD, numbered certificate, and collector’s box.
Here is an overview of the game, via Digerati:
The hunt is on! Get ready to battle colossal space monsters in Blacksea Odyssey, a savage, top-down rogue-lite shoot ‘em up RPG.
The greatest huntsmen in the universe have gathered for the Blacksea Odyssey – a legendary tournament that plunges competitors deep into the cosmic abyss on a deadly hunt for the most fearsome creatures that dwell within the void.
- Brutal dismemberment: eviscerate deadly beasts by ripping them apart with your harpoon.
- Massive bosses: take down true behemoths so colossal they span multiple screens.
- Destructible everything: blast through space-scape environments with your ship, spear or harpoon.
- Action-packed combat: reminiscent of classic top-down shooters mixed with modern RPG and rogue-like mechanics.
- Expansive customization: forge millions of runic modifications for your spear and ship.
- Hardcore rogue-like elements: perma-death, procedural levels, and incredible replayability.
- Trophy Hunters: features a full set of Trophies, including a Platinum.
Watch a new trailer below. View a set of screenshots at the gallery.